It is the philosophy of the Guild that there are no limits to the materials used in modern embroidery and that embroidery is neither confined to fabrics alone, nor limited to surface decoration.
We believe that embroidery is a fine art form and that there is no one way to create art, and no single best way to work with fabric.
We are all very aware of our global health concern at this time and the Executive has made some very difficult but required decisions to ensure the health of our membership.
- As of Thursday, March 19, 2020 the CEG, London guild year 2019-2020 has ended.
- Our Showcase of Textile Arts planned for May 1 and 2 is cancelled.
- Summer Workshops (from June 8 to 12) with Chung-Im Kim and Takashi Iwasaki are cancelled.
- Our Education Planners and Coordinator, various committees, and Registrar are proceeding with putting our 2020-2021 Guild registration package together. An email will be sent to all members notifying you when registration will start for our 2020-2021 guild year.
- If you are currently not a CEG, London member and wish to receive an email about next year's registration package, please click Contact in the side bar and fill in your name and email address.
Enjoy your stitching time, family time or other activities, and we look forward to seeing everyone when it is safe to do so.
CEG, London Executive
Our Virtual Showcase of Textile Arts—A Sample from Member's Work
Welcome to our 48th year
Uppercase magazine is accepting articles/work for inclusion in their 2020 new encyclopedia. The theme is Yarn-Thread-String.
Summer Workshop 2021
Summer Workshop 2021 is planned for June 7 to 11. Our guest instructors are Karen Astrid Clark and Richard McVetis. More details will be announced at a later date.
Ontario Network of Needleworkers
Read the ONN Newsletter for Summer 2020.
Stitch-It Central is now open in London at 1161 Hamilton Road, East. Happy shopping!
Curry's Art Supplies
10% discount at Curry's Art Supplies if you show your Guild ID! A great deal!
The President's Challenge is a long-standing tradition in CEG, London. The President, in the final year of the two-year term, issues a challenge to all the members to produce a unique piece of textile art based on a theme.
Find out more about this year's challenge.
None at present.