It is the philosophy of the Guild that there are no limits to the materials used in modern embroidery and that embroidery is neither confined to fabrics alone, nor limited to surface decoration.
We believe that embroidery is a fine art form and that there is no one way to create art, and no single best way to work with fabric.
Art Show and Sale at Fringe Gallery
1742 Hyde Park Rd, London On
"Fibre By Two" featuring two London Fibre Artists
Nancy Trowbridge and Ann Marie Patrick
November 1-30, 2018
Reception: November 3, 2018 from 6 to 8 pm
This Year's Registration
Our new website has launched and the information for next year's membership and classes has been posted. Our class registration is closed and not available online. Information regarding our upcoming workshops is accessible to Guild members as well as non-members. For further information, please contact us.
- November 8 is Day Group's Class 4. After lunch our guest speaker is Shana Elijah enlightening us about Indigenous Regalia, followed by our "Other" Fabric Sale.
- November 12 is Evening Group. Doors open at 6:30 with announcements at 6:45. This week will be our "Other" Fabric Sale.
- November 15 join us starting at 9:30 for Gather & Stitch. Hazel will demonstrate how to make and assemble textile art cards. Bring your stitching and coffee mug for an informal morning.
- November 17 is our Special Meeting Of Members regarding our proposed revised Bylaws. Meeting starts at 2:00 at Wesley-Knox United Church in the Social Hall. All members are welcome. Please bring your coffee mug.
- November 22 is Day Group's Class 5. Our afternoon guest speaker will be Stefanie Stolze form the Tea Haus. Our vendor is Grantham Books.
- November 26 is Evening Group. Doors open at 6:30 with announcements at 6:45.
- November 29 is Bag Ladies Day starting at 9:30 till 1:00. Come out and help cut, stitch, press or count in a casual fun atmosphere while accomplishing this outreach project.
London Modern Quilt Guild Open House
The London Modern Quilt Guild is having an Open House to celebrate their 5th Anniversary on January 5, 2019 at 12:30 pm. Address is 530 Charlotte St. London On
Ontario Network of Needleworkers
Read the ONN Newsletter for October 2018.
Stitch-It Central is now open in London at 1161 Hamilton Road, East. Happy shopping!
Curry's Art Supplies
10% discount at Curry's Art Supplies if you show your Guild ID! A great deal!
None at present.